As the year comes to a close, many bloggers make a practice of listing their blog’s top ten most popular posts they wrote in that year. I think it’s a good idea and I think it would provide, for me at least, a fun journey down Nostalgia Avenue. So, I’m game.
But, before we get to the list, I would like to sincerely thank all those who read this blog. Many of you have shared in emails or in conversation how this blog has helped you and I appreciate your words. That is the exact reason I started the blog in the first place; to encourage and equip God’s pilgrims as they travel to their heavenly city. Knowing that this blog is doing that brings me great joy. Thank you!
A Pilgrim’s Friend’s Top Ten
Here are the top ten blog posts from A Pilgrim’s Friend in 2015! Enjoy!
1) People Should Not Be Denied the Right to Marry. “Marriage should not be legally prohibited for any adults wanting to be married. Marriage should be open to all adults who desire it. People should not be denied the right to marry. However, this is not the issue of the current debate about same-sex marriage.”
2) Homosexuals & the Gospel. “In a most helpful essay answering the question, “How do Christians speak about homosexuality?” Denny Burk offers three essential truths about homosexuality that Christians need to know from 1 Corinthians 6:9-11. I hope this helps you as much as it has helped me.”
3) The Day Daisy Was Born. “I wrote this in my journal on May 28, 2015 at 8:10pm in a hospital room while my wife and baby slept soundly near me. It was the day my daughter, my first child, was born. This entry was written in ink and polished with tears.”
4) Five Signs of Spiritual Maturity. “What does it look like to be a mature Christian? To have graduated from the elementary school, middle school, high school, and college of the Christian life? What does it look like to be all grown up in your faith and love?”
5) Is “Making Out” a Sin? “Should non-married Christians partake in kissing of the French persuasion? Is it OK for them to play a few rounds of tonsil-hockey? Is Jesus pleased when His redeemed partake in the tongue tango?”
6) Important Questions About Homosexuality That Never Get Asked. “In hopes of helping the media become more even-handed in their reporting, Dan Phillips writes a list of questions he wished they would ask Democratic Candidates concerning homosexuality and related issues.”
7) 11 Books I Wished Every Parent at My Church Would Read. “In many…emails, parents requested resources to help them disciple their children. After sending out numerous replies with resources, I thought it would be prudent to supply a list here of parenting resources I have found to be tremendously helpful. Without further words, here are the 11 best resources on parenting I have come across.”
8) Love Doesn’t Always Protect You From Pain. “Don’t doubt God’s love when you experience pain, trust it. After all, as Thomas Watson said, ‘The worst thing God will ever do to His children is whip them to heaven.’”
9) Why I Am Taking 7 Weeks to Teach Middle Schoolers About the Trinity. “Starting this Wednesday night, our middle school ministry will be starting a series focusing on the Biblical teaching about God as Trinity. In hearing about this endeavor, lots of folks say things like, ‘Are you joking? Middle Schoolers and the Trinity? Dana, You’re nuts!’ While the verdict about me being nuts is still out, I don’t think this can be used as evidence of it.”
10) What Following Jesus Means. “The other day I was sitting with one of the sophomore guys in our church’s youth ministry enjoying a cup of coffee. Our conversation changed from topic to topic, but it soon took on a laser focus when he asked, ‘I think I know, but I have a hard time articulating it with the specifics: what does it mean to follow Jesus?’”