In hopes of helping the media become more even-handed in their reporting, Dan Phillips writes a list of questions he wished they would ask Democratic Candidates concerning homosexuality and related issues.
As I read his questions, I thought that they not only need to be asked and answered by our nation’s leaders, but by us all.
- Should people act on every sexual impulse they have? How can they tell which is which?
- If someone has a homosexual impulse, does he have a choice as to whether or not to act on it?
- Should adult children whose hearts move them to marry one or both of their parents be legally allowed to? Why or why not?
- How about adult siblings whose hearts move them to marry one or more of their siblings?
- Is being homosexual like being black or Asian? How is it different?
- Christians believe that Jesus can free people from being enslaved to destructive sexual impulses. Are they wrong?
- Jesus said that it was wrong to act out some sexual impulses. Was He wrong?
- If your son or daughter married a Christian who believed that homosexuality is a sin, would you attend the wedding? Follow Up: should bakers be required by law to cater such a wedding?
- Do you think Christians who believe in the Bible should be allowed to hold public office?
Much of the media limits viewers & listeners to only hear and think about one side of the story, but there is a completely different side that beckons serious thought.